Harveys Windows and Conservatories Ltd, Privacy Statement
- . This Privacy Statement was last updated on 15th May 2018.
- We may review this Privacy Statement from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website. Any changes will take effect 7 days after the date of on which we post the modified terms on our website. We recommend you regularly check for changes and review this Privacy Statement whenever you visit our website.
- If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact our Privacy Correspondent, Sally Roberts by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Who Are We?
- . In this Privacy Statement the terms ("we", "us", "our") refers to the Businesses you are dealing with and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, Harveys Windows is the data controller of the data we hold on you. The registered office of Harvey Windows is 2b Empire Road Leicester LE3 5HE
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal information you give to us: this is information about you that you give to us:
- by entering information on one of our websites;
- when visiting a branch;
- via social media platforms;
- when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- by taking surveys undertaken by us or on our behalf; and when you purchase products from us.
- Personal information we collect about you: we may collect the following information:
- details of transactions you carry out through websites, and your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access;
- o technical information including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- any personal information which you allow to be shared as part of your public profile or third party social network;
- information you provided to us in response to a survey
- information resulting from enquiries, quotations or sales whether by phone, email or in person in a branch.
4. What Type Of Personal Information Do We Collect And Process About You
The types of data we hold relating to you are as follows:
- Email address(es);
- Telephone number(s);
- Your signature;
- Geo-location data when you sign for delivery using a mobile device;
- Bank details – sort code and account number only, card details are never retained;
- Sales information relating to the sale of products or services to you or their repair or return;
- Correspondence or other communications with you about our products, services or business.
- None of the personal information we collect about you, or which you provide to us about you is categorised as "special categories of personal data". Special categories of personal data include information about physical and mental health, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical belief, trade union membership and biometric data for identification purposes.
5. Why And How We Use Your Personal Information
Why we use your personal information
We use the information we hold on you for the following purposes:
- For account administration: including opening an account, verifying your identity, undertaking credit related searches, invoicing, managing c redit limits and payments.
- For managing and performing our contracts with you: including answering enquiries, providing quotations, dealing with plans and specifications, placing orders, delivering goods to you or your customers and dealing with any issues arising including warranty claims
- For marketing: monitoring your transactions with us to enable us to provide you with the most relevant offers and information to you and marketing to you unless you've told us not to.
- For ensuring we retain a positive business relationship with you and your business: including providing you with opportunities to provide feedback on our products and services.
6. Others Who May Recive Or Have Access To Your Personal Information
- 1. If you ask us not to contact you in future, we will take this as an instruction not to do so and will amend our records accordingly.
- We will also share your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- our suppliers, service providers and subcontractors, such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, payment processors, suppliers of technical and support services, insurers, logistics providers, manufacturers and cloud service providers, debt collectors, our legal and other professional advisors, including auditors;
- fraud prevention agencies if false or inaccurate information is provided to us as part of your use of our services or otherwise, and fraud is identified or suspected;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, to detect or report a crime, to enforce or apply the terms of our contracts or to protect the rights, property or safety of our visitors and customers; and when we restructure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or reorganisation.
- We work closely with various third parties to bring you a range of products and services which are complementary to those which we provide. Any third parties with whom we share your personal information are limited in their ability to use your personal information: they are not entitled to use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide services to us and/or to you. For example, we may share your details with a manufacturer for warranty purposes. We will always ensure that any third parties with whom we share your personal information are subject to privacy and security obligations consistent with our practices and with applicable laws.
7. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For:
- We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. The length of time we retain personal information will depend on the purposes for which we collect and use it, or as required to comply with applicable laws, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
- We many need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For example, we will retain your personal information for 7 years in case of any investigation by the tax authorities.
8. Your Rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. There is normally no charge for exercising these rights. If you would like further information in relation to these rights, or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us by email at email@example.com at any time. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where not required, after we have received your request.
Subject to any exceptions, you may have the right to:
• Access your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this Privacy Statement. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold such information.
• Correct, modify and update your personal information
The accuracy of your information is important to us, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us in any of the details described at the end of this Privacy Statement.
• Erase your personal information or restrict its processing
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this Privacy Statement. Unless there is a reason the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so, you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings. In these situations we may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.
• Withdraw your consent
Where you have given your consent to our processing of your personal data you may at any time withdraw your consent. Unless we have another legal basis to process your personal data (such as compliance with a legal obligation) we will cease any processing of your personal data following receipt of your notice of withdrawal of consent.
• Object to our use of your personal information
Where we rely on our legitimate business interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information for any purpose(s) set out above or at the time your data is collected, you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this Privacy Statement. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information, we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You may object to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and should you do so we will automatically cease to use your personal information in this way.
• Ask us to transfer your personal information in a structured data file to you or to another service provider if it is technically possible (data portability)
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract, you may ask us to provide you with a copy of such information in a structured data file. We will provide this to you electronically in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form, such as a CSV file.
You can ask us to send your personal information directly to another service provider, and we will do so if this is technically possible. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if it concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold such information.
• Lodge a Complaint with the competent supervisory authority and seeking a judicial remedy
If you are concerned about the way we have processed or collected your personal information you have the right to complain to the UK data protection regulator, being the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Security And Confidentiality
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we put in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that it remains secure against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
10. Use Of 'Cookies'
If you contact us via this web site, we will only use the information provided to respond to your message and to improve our service to you.
We maintain web site server logs which record visitor information including IP address, browser type, platform type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and date/time stamp. This information is used to analyse visitor trends and improve our service to you.
If you have any questions about this statement, or would like further information, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to block this functionality please see your browser's help pages for further information.
11. Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites and Apps run by other organisations. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those other websites and Apps so we encourage you to read their privacy policies. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites and Apps even if you access them using any links we provide.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third part y website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of the third party website and recommend that you check the policy of any third party website.
- 1. We may contact you with marketing information by post, email, SMS or by telephone or with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and platforms operated by other companies by using your personal information, or use your personal information to tailor marketing to improve its relevance to you, unless you object.
- From time to time, we may ask you to refresh your marketing preferences by asking you to confirm you still wish to receive marketing information from us.
- You have the right to opt-out of our use of your personal information to provide marketing to you in any of the ways mentioned above or by contacting us in the ways set out below.
13. Contact Us
- 1. Our Privacy Correspondent is Sally Roberts. Please direct any queries about this Privacy Statement or about the way we process your personal information to our Privacy Correspondent using our contact details below.
- If you wish to write to us, please write to us at Harveys Windows, 2b Empire Road, Leicester LE3 5HE.
- Our email address for data protection queries is email@example.com
What do I have to do?
You don't need to do anything as these changes will automatically apply to you. If you don't want to accept the changes you can close your account or your service by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org